ART

ART

Friday 14 September 2012

Feelings in or out?

     I'm going in circles again...some tell me that I attach to a person too much and some that I should not hide my feelings and stick to that person like a leech. My past self was a very cold person, hiding all her feeling, refusing to express any type of affection. Like my father told me : "your heart is made of ice". Well I guess that ice melted away because I'm to damn affectionate. I guess finding the right friend to oped up my eyes was all I needed.
     Now, coming back to the subject; Hiding you feeling is not good, putting them on the table is not good as well. I kind of tend to stay in the middle; show your true feelings, but not all of them, it's good to keep some just for yourself. If you're too cold and indifferent you're going to have bad time; prepare yourself to hear that in every single day :" You're too cold, why can't you be more kind with me? Why don't you love me?" And it's not nice to hear all those things from the one that you love. The overly attached girlfriend or boyfriend also annoy me. Don't stick to that person too much, like a leech because sooner or later they'll get tired of you and your behavior. Now speaking from a girls point of view, girls stop being so annoying. When he goes out with his friends try to hide your phone away to stop yourself from calling him. He still has friends after all; he needs to keep socializing, he can't go out ALWAYS with you. Give him a break from time to time ( not to often though, he may get the wrong idea that you don't care about him).
     Hearing after a week or two of relationship that : "God, I so love this boy; he's my life", makes me want to say : Are you kidding me? You can't be talking about love after a week of being with one person...You barely get to know his CV( his name, where he lives, favorite things and so on).
     Some people chose to hide their feelings because they are afraid to be rejected. I totally understand that, but doing so you only harm yourself and you may be harming the other person as well because he may be in the same situation, he may be loving you as well but he's afraid to tell. So one day, when you feel more comfortable with him, just tell him, don't be afraid of being rejected. It happens, we move on.
     So, to wrap things up... One needs to express some feelings because we are human beings and we feel, but be careful of the amount of feelings that to let to show. Some may take advantage of that and only suffering will come for you.

3 comments:

  1. Let's see, where should I begin...

    First of all, it's great to see things from a girls point of view, concerning the "overly attached" matter. Yes, and I don't mean any disrespect by saying this, girls tend to stick way too close to someone, every now and again. Now I'm not saying it's all bad. Sure, you want him to know that you're there for him whenever he will need you, but he doesn't need that idea reinforced every goddamn second. A personal bubble rule should exist. Let him have some fun on his own. Boys night is just that. BOYS night ! If you want in "either whip one out" or stay away.

    About the feeling part I guess I'm in the same situation as you. Well, mostly. I choose to let my feelings out only when I know the person I'm talking too has, well, has earned this privilege, so to speak. Not exactly a privilege since I'm not exactly a prince, but you get he picture. When I choose to don't give a shit, I literally don't give a shit about anything. And some think that it's a bad thing. No, it is not. Not for me.

    "So, to wrap things up", you're right, to an extent. Sometimes you have to know how to lie, deceive and manipulate their view of your feelings. When you achieve that, well, the sky's the limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see your opinion on this>:D< But one thing in your comment caught my attention: " I choose to let my feelings out only when I know the person I'm talking too has, well, has earned this privilege". Well some people know how to play their cards very well and can get under your skin very fast, and you start to think that you can truly trust that person. You know what they say : "you can never know a person well enough to trust..not even after a lifetime". Well I go by this quote because where I am now is a place that I can't trust anybody completely. I have really bad trust issues. I guess I'm protecting myself, even though some don't wish to harm me.
    So, if you're completely sure you can trust that person with your true feeling go for it, but take care because you never know how many masks one can have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the thing is, I always have a buffer zone, so to speak. Yeah, I do let some of my feelings out to someone I believe I can trust, but most of them I keep to myself. Real, genuine trust is something that cannot be achieved over a week or so after two people have met. Even if someone plays any of their cards right, I can still be skeptical about how much I can trust a person.

    ReplyDelete