ART

ART

Saturday 8 September 2012

Love or Life?

     A good friend of mine asked me an interesting question : "If you were to choose between love and life, what would you choose?" I have to say that at that moment and time I didn't know what to say. If I would chose  life, life without love is meaningless, and love..well you can't love if you're not alive so...
     These days I've been hooked on love, I keep on thinking, and thinking, and thinking about love. Like : what would it be like?, what could have been?, what if?.
     Have you ever wished that you could erase some of your memories? I know I have. But then again if I hadn't lived what I lived, I guess I wouldn't be who I am today. They say that you don't remember days, you remember moments...yeah right. I remember freaking days...days that I wish to forget, but can't do so, so I'll have to live with them. They're a part of my life after all. No matter how those memories are, good or bad, they're mine, and they make me who I am.
     In the end I choose life over love. One makes his own luck, his own fate...and if you're alive and kicking you can love and be loved back. Like Dr House said: Oxygen is more important than love. I just can't understand children these days that say that " if I don't have him, if he doesn't love me, I don't want to live anymore."  When I hear this kind of talking coming from a 14 year old, I can't control the urge to slap that kid so hard to bring him back to Earth. Life doesn't end at one man or woman. The film of one's life is full of good, bad, horrible moments brought on by all kinds of people. If we don't learn from a young age to not give a damn of what others say or do, were going to end up bad. Sometimes we have to go on our own, to have a little alone time, just for ourselves to analyze the happenings in our life so far. After that we head out in the world that will surely seem better.
     If you're alive, you'll be loved. Sooner or later someone will show how it feels to be truly loved. It is impossible for someone not to be loved. Keep in mind that some people have difficulties in showing their true feelings. Take some time and think about the people around you. You'll never know from where love will pop out.

1 comment:

  1. In my mind, you can't have one without the other. I mean, sure, there are some unfortunate people out there who just pretty much live, and that's about it. But even so, at one point in time they either loved or were loved. I mean, Hitler loved dogs.

    On a more serious note, or not because that's just how I am, sarcastic as all hell, these 14 year old kids need to get their asses kicked like there's no tomorrow. When I was 14 I didn't give a rats ass about what these kids call "love". I'm telling you, everyone tries to be more mature and grown up from an early age, and most of them realize a few things.

    1. Grown-ups suck !
    2. Their so-called love sucks harder !
    3. They ain't gonna get their childhood back. No childhood memories for y'all, suckers !

    I mean, I have the greatest childhood memories. I was a dumb kid. Smart, but dumb as a pile of bricks when it came to choices. I remember one time, I was all like 'Ooooh, 'dem there hills look mighty fun to ride on with mah bike. Let's jump a few of 'em.' Suffice to say that was the first time I broke a bicycle cleanly in half ! And MAN do I had fun !

    So, yeah, life without love, kinda hard. Unless you're some kind of sociopath. But that's a deeper issue. Good thing you chose life !

    ReplyDelete